Sunday, August 2, 2015

UPDATE and what I photographed August 2, 2010

UPDATE: Slept off and on. No nausea yesterday or during the night. Felt nauseous a half hour ago, so I took the Compazine which is the one anti-nausea med I've been directed to take as needed, every six or eight hours. I wrote down what time I took it, in case I need it again later today. Less peripheral neuropathy in legs, knees, ankles, feet at present--I am grateful for that. There is a bit of it in wrists and hands, but I'm not dropping things, just feeling twitches and tinges and aches, more on the right--I am right-handed. Still walking a bit off balance, not stumbling but being very aware of what happens when I stand up and move so that I can be ready to react, if need be. So far the food I'm eating tastes like it usually tastes, thank goodness. The only odd taste I've noticed is that sometimes the water in my 28-ounce mug tastes sweet, barely noticeable, not disturbing. Lamont's coming over today and staying with me for a while--I've got a short list of chores for him. Yesterday Leland stayed for hours and went grocery shopping for me, plus he put away everything. I'm blessed to have these sons who have grown into fine men. Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers, love, and concern.

DSC_0075

That particular evening I met Lamont and some of his friends at Colonel Summers Park at SE 20th and SE Belmont, to watch folks play softball and dodge ball. This photo sort of shows how I'm feeling, on the lookout--wary and ready.

DSC_0079

And this one shows the positive reaction and the fact that still being on the lookout is essential to continued success.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

It's good that you've got family watching out for you through this.