Tuesday, August 25, 2015

UPDATE and an on the road shot, thanks to Leland's Honda

UPDATE: I slept for a longer period of time last night! When I woke up at 4 a.m. in the recliner, I decided to try the bed and wedge pillow for my upper body and the memory foam pillow for my head. I really cannot tell you if I went back to sleep for real because every time I became aware of being in the bed, my brain was thinking the second I became aware of being there. For two hours this happened, although I believe I dozed some because what awoke me at 6 a.m. was the sound of my phone reminder to shut my windows. I have that reminder on perpetual repeat because, back when I was up and around, out and about, I needed it, just in case the temperature and air quality meant that I'd opened some windows. Don't want to leave them open and unlocked whenever I leave the apartment.

Anyway, I've been awake two hours and am about to take the morning meds, now reduced to just three and none of them are anti-nausea because I have NO nausea. Hooray! I have a headache, tiny amount of peripheral neuropathy in lower legs, none in hands right now. Hooray! We'll see how my energy level makes it through today, but, to tell you the truth, I feel like I could use a nap any minute. Thanks for your continued prayers, love, and concern. I feel every single one of them!

DSC_0086

The day after I learned that I needed that second surgery, the robot one on June 25 that removed the metastatic tumor from where it free-floated in my abdominal cavity, Leland and Rachel took me to Sauvie Island to pick blueberries. On the way back into the city, not a long drive at all, I took this photo through Leland's windshield. It's impossible to ride by the St. Johns Bridge and not want to photograph it, y'all.There's another one of these gorgeous supports on the eastern side of the Willamette River. Thanks for the chance to get this photo, Leland and Rachel! I had a great time picking blueberries and being with you two!

4 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Oh my goodness, I had no clue! I'm so glad you have no nausea though, at least that's something! Lovely bridge too (oh and blueberries... yummy!)

William Kendall said...

It certainly is a wonderful photographic subject!

I've had the odd night where you're not aware of any sleep you are getting.

Birdman said...

Blueberries are wonderful summer treat and very good for the brain, I hear.

Linda said...

Glad you are feeling some improvement. I like the photo.