Saturday, August 15, 2015

UPDATE - Sunshine and shadow at the Portland Farmers Market at the Portland State University in the South Park Blocks, downtown Portland, June 6, 2015.



UPDATE: Fell sleep during the 3rd quarter of the Seahawks' game. Woke up after it was over to find out they'd been beat by Denver. Shoot. I finally went back to sleep around 1:45 a.m. and woke up at 6 a.m. Better than no rest.

Yesterday after I had posted a video of some of the hair that came off my head when I washed it, my sweet friend and hairdresser Rosa and I texted back and forth about the next step in dealing with it. I realized I needed to take Rosa up on her offer to come cut my hair again, this time with clippers. She'll be here at 10 am. Portland time.

Once I saw some of it blowing off my head yesterday evening when the wind gusted, hairs catching the sunshine as they flew away from me--I had walked the 400 steps to the Blue Diamond's back door to pick up some food I had ordered because I needed a break from what I have here--I thought to myself, "Just in time!"

DSC_0141

Lovely flowers.

DSC_0089

Juicy berries.

DSC_0140

Can't resist sharing this closeup of the flowers, y'all.

DSC_0126

Man-made shade aids produce shoppers. How's that for a caption for this one?

DSC_0132

Can't resist sharing this closeup of the peonies, y'all.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Those peonies are amazing! What a good looking farmer's market. Thanks for sharing these photos!

Gunn said...

I do LOVE peonies :)
And so many other nice and yummy things you have included in your post today.
Great light and colours too.

Happy weekend to you and yours.

William Kendall said...

The flowers certainly are lovely!

Patty said...

Photos of flowers and vegetables/fruits are just beautiful.