Wednesday, August 19, 2015

UPDATE with a video - Public art at Kaiser--I like it and what I believe it says about my current situation.



IMG_7487

Today's video and a new hat! Lamont will be here in less than 30 minutes, ready to take me on this latest field trip, y'all! Thanks for the continued prayers, love and concern. I'll need them today since I've been awake since 2:30 a.m.--it's 6:40 a.m. as I typed. However, I did take all of my prescribed pre-chemo meds, including the Decadron which oughta rev me up like well-tuned muscle car engine! Hey, I've got lots of photos of those that I can share, not that I will know what sort they are, unless I took a photo of the windshield placard at the vintage vehicle event. I have a new goal as I search through my photos at Flickr. I love it!

DSC_0305

The sign that explains the public art in the courtyard at Kaiser Interstate. I had to read the quotation twice to really get it, so I'm typing it here, just in case you're having the same difficulty - Anchored in the Future: I always have to dream up there against the stars. If I don't dream I'll make it, I won't even get close. Henry J. Kaiser. This interpretive historical sculpture commerates Henry Kaiser and his family, the physicians and countless others who have contributed to the health and growth of Portland and Vancouver.

DSC_0304

The sculpture itself. The sign is on the leftmost rust-colored tip of what looks to be a ship aground. I prefer to think of it as a ship that has arrived for refurbishment, which is exactly what I'm doing at Kaiser Interstate, first at the Oncology Center and after that at the Radiation Center. I don't know if those are the official names of both, but you get my drift.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I do like that sculpture!

AsAeenBySusan said...

We find inspiration in amazing places. The trick is to keep looking for it.

Patty said...

Looks like you're all prettied up and ready to go. Myself, if I know I have someplace I have to go the next day, I do not sleep well the night before. Monday Abe went to lung doctor, he told him everything looks fine for the shape he's in, yesterday we got our toe nails cut. We can't quite do that any longer. I also went to doctor yesterday, since I've been having pain in my left side collar bone area for about a month. It gets to feeling better then I do something stupid like sweep the patio and it starts aching again. Doctor thinks I've just pulled a muscle and asked when I had my last mammogram, I told him this past year, he looked and said actually it was a year ago on Aug. 15th. So since Friday I have to see the heart doctor at 9:15 for 6 month check up, and at 12:45 see the pain management doctor for some Trigger Injections in my shoulder/neck area, I tried to get my mammogram the same day, but they are booked up and I wanted a Friday, since our one daughter doesn't work that day and she runs me places. I usually don't ask Abe, first off, he has a hard time breathing, but mainly because if the doctor is running late, he has no patience and then I worry about that. Just call me a worry wart. You know what they say, you can't please everyone all the time, so I guess I should stop trying. LOL Take care, hope you enjoyed your outing.