Sunday, August 30, 2015

UPDATE and left at the bus stop

UPDATE: Slept well, doing OK today. I am still surprised and thankful at this turn of events. Feeling this strong allowed me to go to my sweet friend Casey's wedding. She married Cristina in lovely Woodlawn Park in Northeast Portland yesterday late afternoon--the rain stayed away for the entire ceremony! The wonderful reception after the ceremony took place at The Village Ballroom, complete with family toasts, great food and lots and lots of dancing to the music CD that Casey made for the celebration. Everyone had a great time, smiles, joy, and laughter all around! Lamont and Leland took me; we had a great time and are happy to have shared this with Casey and Cristina and their families and friends.

DSC_0002

Tomorrow I'll be at the bus stop in time to catch one to work, for the first time since June 23. I won't be leaving anything behind when the bus arrives. I'll work four hours (10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) and then take a bus home. I'm looking forward to getting back to some sort of routine out in the world, that is, until the next chemo treatment. We'll see how soon I can go back part time after it.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Yay! So glad you are feeling well enough to go back to work. I know they have missed you as much as you've missed them!

Angie at Home said...

Have a great day at work tomorrow... Don't overwork yourself, and yes it's always good to get back into a routine.

William Kendall said...

I hope your return to work's been good. Congratulations to Casey and Christina!

Jack said...

You have a good positive spirit, Lynette. It will be good for you to get back to work, so long as you don't overdo it.