Thursday, August 6, 2015

UPDATE - Woke up way too early. I'm about to take my first nap of the day, y'all.

--> UPDATE:

Made it through all that went on yesterday without any problems. Got my ride to the hospital for the chemo port placement--thanks to a sweet friend. The doctor who placed it was the same guy who did my needle biopsy on June 17. I really like that guy! And his crew was top-knotch!

I will be able to take off the bandages over the two incisions tomorrow. So far, I have had no pain associated with either incision, although I have no desire to lie on my right side in bed, nor do I want to do jumping jacks or reach too high, period.

Still no nausea, taste alterations, and thankfully less peripheral neuropathy. Thank you for your continued prayers, love and concern.

Untitled

I fell asleep between 10-10:30 p.m. Woke up at 2:45 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. So, by 4:52 a.m. I had eaten some oatmeal and prunes and finished off several ounces of water. I decided to go outside since the sun had not yet come up. I checked the temperature on my phone--59 degrees. Wow. I put on my Mickey Mouse sweatshirt jacket, zipped it up, pulled up the hood and walked out the building's front door. At the end of our sidewalk, I could hear the sprinklers to the south doing their thing. They cut off within a minute or two, and then the ones to the north cut on. So, I walked down the still dry front steps and across the street to the front yard at Albertina Kerr's. I sat on the bench for a few minutes because I heard the sprays of water begin to hit the banana tree leaves which are right up against our sidewalk and its steps. I knew I needed to wait for silence before walking back inside my building. When I got across the street once all was quiet, I saw this image and knew that I had to photograph it and share it with y'all. Who in the world wouldn't want to call this building home?

2 comments:

Gunn said...

Wow, what a beautiful EARLY morning.
Looks pretty!

William Kendall said...

It certainly makes for a pretty image!