Tuesday, August 11, 2015

UPDATE and some roses to share with you

UPDATE:

I slept from around 11:30 p.m. until I heard my phone remind me to shut the windows at 6 a.m. Hallelujah! I cannot remember the last time that I slept that long--well, maybe I did when I was knocked out in the hospital for the hysterectomy in April or the robot surgery in June, but I cannot remember. Anyway, I feel better than I have for the last two days.

Still no nausea, very little peripheral neuropathy. So thankful to be able to write both of those. If I can just get my stamina built up, I will be ready for Chemo Round Two a week from tomorrow.

Let me tell you, I owe each of you so much for how I'm doing--your prayers are felt, they are amazing, just like y'all are! Thank you!

Untitled

Saturday when I walked outside, thankful for the opportunity to go across the street to Albertina Kerr, I took a few photos of the roses. My friend, Milton, down in Mississippi, would've been right beside me, asking in his wonderful, lyrical Southern accent, making at least three syllables of my name and two of the word have, "Lynette, how many photos of roses do you have?"--meaning, "Lah-neigh-yet, you've lost your mind. Why you takin' more photos of roses?" I know. I know. It's OK, though.

Untitled

These overcast skies meant that I could be outside without sunblock. Here we're looking north while standing in front of the Albertina Kerr Center. The rose gardens are well-cared for neighborhood treasures.

Untitled

How about the soft colors here? Amazingly beautiful.

Untitled

I love these tall rosebushes! In this photo, we're looking west, towards my building.

Untitled

I'll bet any bride would love to have these beauties as part of her bridal bouquet. Luscious, muted colors.

2 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Great to see that you are feeling better Lynette...and Roses do make one happy :)

William Kendall said...

But roses are so photogenic!