Saturday, August 8, 2015

UPDATE and why I went outside again this morning.

UPDATE:

Yesterday evening the outer dressings came off my two incisions without any trouble. Hooray! Woke up at 1:45 a.m. and finally got back to sleep around 2:30 a.m. Slept until 6:15 a.m. which means I got some rest. I ate breakfast after I woke up the second time. Still no nausea or taste alterations. The peripheral neuropathy continues to get better--thank goodness. When it does happen, it's mostly in my feet. Since I need to build up my stamina before Chemo Round Two, I walked outside in the shade yesterday for a total of 4583 steps, according to the Health app on my iPhone 6 Plus. That's four times my daily average. Hooray! This morning when I went outside, the skies were overcast, so I was able to walk in my neighborhood and made it 1194 steps in about 20 minutes. I'll be back outside in the shade until much later today because the sun has come out. I am blessed to live where I do, to have the opportunities during my recovery. Thank you for your continued prayers, love and concern.

Untitled

Yesterday when I walked outside on the south side of the building in the shade, I made it to the corner of my building and saw the beautiful sunshine in the banana tree in the southern end of the front yard. The two-story Albertina Kerr building across the street makes great early morning shade.

Untitled

I continued toward the front steps and took this photo at a different angle from all the others I've taken of our front sidewalk and entrance.

Untitled

Here's the sunshine that I needed to avoid. Isn't it beautiful?

Untitled

To me, the proximity of these roses and the difference in the age of their blooms makes for a great photo. What do you think, please?

4 comments:

Lois said...

You sure do live in a pretty area Lynette! I love all these pictures.

William Kendall said...

Oh, yes, very pretty, and well worth coming out to.

Gunn said...

What a nice neighbourhood you have. And these ( to me) exotic trees! Wonderful!

Birdman said...

Love all the leafy green. Get well b-ball season is approaching us.