Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Northwest Hills, March 1, 2012

DSC_1071p_cropped_sharpened
I change from one bus to another at the intersection of SE MLK and SE Couch. I'm standing in Northeast Portland when I wait for that second bus. Often I look west across the Willamette River, towards the Big Pink and the venerable Portland Oregon neon sign. The Big Pink is south of West Burnside, so it is in Southwest Portland. The Portland Oregon sign is north of West Burnside, so it is in Northwest Portland.

This particular morning snow had fallen at the higher elevations. The wintry view enticed me to quickly get my camera out of my backpack and take a few photos. Would that I had had more time. Alas, the bus arrived. My responsibility--to get to work on time.

4 comments:

Harvey said...

fantastic.

Harvey said...

fantastic.

Melissa said...

Pretty! I love that kind of weather. And there is the sign you use in your blog title too!

Randy said...

Great shot. The snow looks lovely.