Thursday, October 13, 2011

A break from MOPAR and the family and friends in PDX for some photos from Portland's Race for the Cure, at the start

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I think it's about time I share some photos that I took on Sunday, September 18, alongside Tom McCall Waterfront Park on Naito Parkway. There were all sorts of races, timed, not timed, running, walking, different distances. Huge, huge crowd--more than 35,000 participants.

The starting line, before the start of this particular event. Folks just kept heading for the intersection.
DSC_0458p

DSC_0460p

DSC_0466p

DSC_0467

7 comments:

Kate said...

Some wonderful photos showing the enthusiasm of the people. Isn't it wonderful that this horrible medical curse has gotten so much publicity over the years and support from the public?!

Jim Klenke said...

I need to be by the cookie lady, I need fuel. Great shots, I love the start of races.

Randy said...

Love those tutus!

Lois said...

I love to see how people dress up for these events!

Lowell said...

Lots of great shots here. I remember when Lois ran in what I think was a 10K Race for the Cure in Palm Beach...it was bitter cold, raining very hard...but she finished. I think we both got sick, though. That's life...

Melissa said...

I love Portland! Great color contrast with the overcast and pink. It's got that nice Pacific Northwest feel.

Stefan Jansson said...

Great event and some fun photos.