Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Part 3, our last fun day together, Sunday, August 28, 2011

DSC_0340p
On the drive to find somewhere to eat lunch, probably in Depoe Bay, Oregon, south of Lincoln City on Highway 101, we came to this scenic outlook. I just had to stop, which was OK with my passengers. Hooray for the view!

DSC_0352p
A good-looking rig drove through the parking lot.

DSC_0356p
And a beauty parked facing the ocean. A red 1960s Chevy El Camino. I don't know the year, but I know it's close to whatever year the one was the my dearly departed husband had when we married. Now, 28 years later, I can't remember the year, but I can remember vividly that he taught me to drive a stick shift in it. What a trip that was! Me, uncoordinated to say the least, and a heavy duty clutch he'd decided to install. I did learn, though, and when they came of age, I taught both of our sons to drive a stick shift Honda. Thanks, LeRoy, honey. I love you and miss you, still.

DSC_0353p
Looks like everyone found a perfect spot for watching.

DSC_0387p
We stopped at Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay for lunch. Here's part of the view from the parking lot.

DSC_0426p
And here's part of the view from the restaurant itself.

DSC_0424p_tidal_raves_fish_chips
Fish and "Chips," as it is printed on the Menu at Tidal Raves Seafood Grill consists of mahi mahi in crisp beer batter served with housemade slaw. I don't know why they don't go into detail about the "chips," cause they beat the you-know-what outta that slaw. The fish was flaky and tasty, just right. I enjoyed a glass of sweet ice tea, too. Seems like Milton got a cup of clam chowder and a cup of spinach oyster bisque, an order which sort of shocked our waiter. He understood, though, when Milton said he wanted to taste both of them, so why not. Kay got the spinach oyster bisque, I think. Howard and Vanessa split an oyster po'boy, I think, and maybe some spinach oyster bisque.

Where we were seated, on a raised level above the tables at the windows, provided a splendid view of the ocean while we enjoyed our light lunch. Then we set the GPS for the Elk Cove Winery in Gaston, Oregon.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Love the rocky shoreline.

Randy said...

That would be me with a chair on the table! I really need to visit Oregon. I think I will make plans for a Spring visit.

parker said...

What a scenery packed coastline. A perfect place to park and take in the sights. Red El Camino and the Lazey Days RV added a little variety to the stop.

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh at the people sitting on chairs on the table. What a lovely view over lunch.

Juliet in MN

Reed said...

I was at that view last year and it is magnificent! I can't wait top go back.

david sorina said...

perfect !!! :)