Friday, October 28, 2011

Part 6, our last fun day together, Sunday, August 28, 2011

st-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroidery

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at 3 Doors Down Café, SE 37th and Hawthorne--a family dinner for the seven of us, plus Lamont manned the kitchen as sous chef.

We were all pretty hungry, so I didn't take many photos--we just got down to it.

DSC_0464p-p
Fresh fettucini with heirloom tomatoes, sent to our table by Lamont. We shared like the grown ups that we are, enjoying every bite. Lamont got to come out and talk with us for a few minutes. Sweet.

DSC_0465p
Spaghetti and meatballs. Vanessa, Kay and I ordered this Sunday night special. I can't remember what anyone else ate, and I didn't write it down either. Having too much fun with my own dinner.

DSC_0467p
Kay and I got this for dessert, the banana cream pie. It is so fabulous, just looking at the photo floods me with fond memories of the taste and texture. One of the things that makes it even better is the consistent cool temperature that it is when served.

Dinner over, I took Howard and Vanessa to their hotel. They had to be at the airport about 5 a.m. Then I dropped off Milton and Kay at my apartment and headed for where the SUV lives. That's what you do with a Zipcar. You take it back where it lives when your reservation is over. Leland and Kailey met me there and brought me home.

Milton, Kay and I called it a night pretty early. We were to be picked up by Lamont the next day for brunch at the Bijou Cafe and then to Union Station so that they could board the train for the long ride home.

What a splendid time everyone had. I can't thank all of them enough for coming up here to visit us, to enjoy Portland and Oregon with us. Blessed, truly blessed. All of us.

st-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroideryst-louis-cardinals-embroidery

8 comments:

parker said...

Banana Cream Pie. My favorite!

Kate said...

Delicious lookin' food! Like your Cardinals border...great game last night but I want Texas to win!

Bob Crowe said...

All of St. Louis thanks you for your support. I'm going to the game tonight and hope to have pix on St. Louis Daily Photo tomorrow.

Regina K said...

Go Cardinals and I'll have a banana creme pie.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

It's a good thing you do a lot of walking or you would be as big as a house with all that good food you eat: )

I'm glad you had such a nice visit with your friends.

Randy said...

I have the worst sweet craving and you posted my favorite pie! I'm dying!

Roland said...

I had dinner already but after seeing your pictures I'm hungry again!

Steve Scauzillo said...

I want that banana cream pie!