Monday, October 24, 2011

Part 2, our last fun day together, Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our second stop, the beach at Lincoln City. We had to wait quite a while for a parking space, but I was bound and determined to get one so that we could all get out of the car, go to the bathroom, and walk on the beach if we were of a mind to do so.


DSC_0314p
Somebody's about to get a mouthful of tennis ball and sand!

DSC_0315-pDSC_0316pDSC_0317pDSC_0318pDSC_0320pDSC_0325p
Had some difficulty getting whoaed up, as they say in NASCAR. Where is it? Where IS it? I see it! Now, if I can just get my right back leg out of this sand! Yes! Here I come, tennis ball! Ready! Set! Go! Full tilt boogie. That's how I roll.

DSC_0282p
DSC_0289pDSC_0427p-p
Lincoln City doesn't actually do things backwards. These kites flew above the beach through which runs the "World's Shortest River," the D River. It runs a total of 120 feet from Devils Lake to the Pacific Ocean. Twice a year the city hosts a kite festival here which are known as two of the largest kite festivals in the world, so Lincoln City is known as the Kite Capital of the World. I know for a fact that the wind's always been blowing when I've been at this particular part of the Oregon coast. That's the D River you can see there, dissecting the beach. And, of course, this is not a photo during a kite festival, just an amazingly sunny Sunday around noon.

DSC_0338
Sand in my shoes! OK with me. I knocked it out, put them back on, and we all got back into the SUV. Each of us enjoyed our short stop at the beach. Then we went looking for somewhere to eat lunch. Come see all about that soon.

7 comments:

parker said...

You folks had an action packed morning. Your series of pics of the ball playing dog was great. Energy filled post!

Lorelle said...

Sun and sand sound good about now. Fun photos!

Birdman said...

Great doggie shot.

Clytie said...

I love the doggie shots - We always try to stop at D River when we go to Lincoln City. We always try to bring a little something for the ever-present seagulls too.

I am jealous that you got to get sand in your shoes!!!

Randy said...

I would love to fly a kite! Haven't done it in years. Nice shots.

Jim Klenke said...

I think the doggie and the people enjoyed every minute out there. We need a beach here.

Luckaa said...

Great photos of action on beach.