Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cars in the Park, Saturday, August 27, MOPAR. We enjoyed ourselves for quite a while.

My favorite paint job of the summer-long Cars in the Park!

DSC_0195p
1970 Plymouth Duster 340. This is the original paint job. Smiling broadly, I asked the owner if he would put the hood down so that I could take a photo. He did. Sweet!

DSC_0187p
Although the photo is acceptable with the hood up, don't you think it's better to be able to see the entire design of the car? I do.

DSC_0194p

DSC_0197p
Engine by Dick Ott.

DSC_0190p
Talk about the perfect interior. Perfect! Look at the design sewn into the seats. Wow. And that steering wheel. Double wow.

DSC_0196p
The dash and its painted trim, the center console, the shifter--so fine.

DSC_0191p
Now you know the Duster's nickname. It comes from the snakeskin paint job.

DSC_0199p
A close-up of the paint job. Wait! Is that a surfboard at the back of the trunk lid?

DSC_0192p
Nope. It's a spoiler.

5 comments:

Roland said...

The paint job is a bit loud for my taste but beautifully restored. I can only wish to ride in a dodge dart or plymouth duster again. Viva la mopar.

Birdman said...

... a stinger!

Rowen said...

Gotta be in my top 5 in the exhibition so far.

Randy said...

Nice 70's style paint job!

Louis la Vache said...

MOPAR muscle!