Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thursday, August 25, Part 6, Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood, as we visited them

DSC_0061p
We parked in the nearby large parking lot, down the slope from the hotel entrance. The lot in front of it had a sign which led me to believe we shouldn't park there, something about guests--I can't remember the exact wording.

DSC_0063p
Milton and Kay took the path to the hotel, while I walked along on the pavement.

DSC_0064p
Onward and upward. What a couple!

DSC_0065p
The reason there's an historic mountain retreat and ski lodge at 6,000 feet. The reason I drove a vehicle by myself up here, for the first time ever, all curved and upward. And can you believe that blue sky? Hooray for blue sky and sunshine!

DSC_0067p
Part of the front of Timberline Lodge. I couldn't get a good photo of the entire front view, too many cars.

DSC_0068p
The main entrance.

DSC_0069p
Seen from the viewpoint above the main entrance. I don't know which direction I'm looking, nor do I know which mountain this one is. My best guess is Mt. Jefferson. Anyone? Anyone?

Come back tomorrow for more from on high.

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

beautiful views, I could stay up there all day.

mcl said...

It is Mt Jefferson, you are looking South down the spine of the Cascades.

brian stout said...

WOW! amazing pics!