Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Two of my favorite things about Portland and the folk(s) that live here.

You've got your purple glitter hat in your car with you at all times because wearing such finery serves you well at any given moment. You're a Portlander who is allowed to be yourself by your fellow Portlanders--one of my favorite things about Portland.
glitter_close

glitter_hat_car_window
You've got your fish and your moose hanging from your rear view mirror and standing on your dash, in honor of the nearby wilderness, easily and quickly reached in said vehicle--another of my favorite things about Portland.
animals_close

window_animals_front

What's really neat is that it's totally conceivable that the person wearing the purple glitter hat on Friday night could be out hiking the wilderness on Sunday morning.

What are two of your favorite things about your city and/or its inhabitants?

7 comments:

WendyB said...

I want a purple glitter hat!

Jim Klenke said...

Not sure about the people of my town, they dont let me out much. Which car would you choose? The purple hat or the moose?

Chris said...

ROTFLMAO. . .That is so funny!

There are a lot of things that amuse me here. . .none that I can really mention. ;-)

You seem to be feeling better today. Good!

George Townboy said...

This is a fantastic post!

I actually had a toy moose stuck to my dash ... I called him Positive Moose, because his head always bobbed up and down, especially when I asked him important questions, like, "Moose, will I be lucky today?" Ha, ha, ha ... the velcro gave out, but I still have the moose, LOL!!!!

Andrea said...

I cannot recall anything interesting about our town. The next town above us, Tallapoosa, Georgia has a possum drop on New Years Eve. Bet you can't beat that one. Tallapoosa always has a Dogwood Festival in April too.

Dick said...

We have a small world of our own (island) and sea and nature around.
But there are also things I don't like.

JuxtaExposed.com said...

ha! the purple hat is awesome