Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just to keep things straight ...

I don't want y'all to think I cook everything from scratch, so I took this photo Saturday morning before I got started fixing breakfast.
breakfast_enhanced
Please note the instant grits (microwave), the fully cooked sausage (small skillet on the electric range). They make it so easy to end up with a consistently tasty breakfast. That sliced potato, by the way, is one of the Yukon Golds I baked last Saturday. I saute it and small tomato pieces with my olive/canola oil mixture in another skillet, before scrambling in the eggs--yummy. The English muffins get toasted in the toaster oven, another wonderful time-saving kitchen appliance. We enjoy breakfast around here.

8 comments:

AVCr8teur said...

That looks yummy even if you don't cook from scratch. I haven't tried instant grits yet.

WendyB said...

I would eat that right now. I'm hungry!

Rosie said...

Lynnete
Sounds like a good breakfast.
What is the percentage of meet in the sausages :)

George Townboy said...

That is the loveliest tomato I have ever seen!

And now I'm starving.

Jim Klenke said...

You mean thats not cooking from scratch? Does my chili from a can not count as scratch? Oh boy.

Troop 1309 said...

If only we could cook from scratch for every meal. Its just not possible! I like to find time saving ingredients too. It makes life SOOOO much easier.

Rosie said...

It was a joke Lynette. You described everything so well so I thought I was going to tease you aboutt he percentage of meat in the sausage :)
I whould have said so though...I am not very good at expressing my sense of humour!
Hehehe

Denton said...

This looks very similar to our Sunday morning omlettes. Except we replace sausage with Canadian bacon and eggs with eggbeaters.