Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shadow Letters

portland_cement

Walking west on the Hawthorne Bridge approach ramp, looking east. That's where I stood to take this photo last April. The shadows of the letters appealed to me, as did being level with the top of the building's roof.

Update: Mama has pulled a muscle on the left side of her back, coughing. She's in a mess with this right now. The doctor prescribed a cough syrup with codeine, which make her nauseous. So, about 20 minutes ago she got a dose of cough syrup along with a dose of her nausea medicine. What we hope for is a cessation in the coughing as well as a good night's sleep.

Duncan's doing very well, I'm proud to report.

As for me, I'm still eating right, walking a little, and sleeping as much as possible.

7 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I like the lettering and shadows. Sounds like Mama has a medicine cabinet full of stuff.

WendyB said...

Poor Mama...if it's not one thing, it's another.

dot said...

Sorry to hear Mama is having such a bad time.

Olivier said...

les ombres rendent très bien, ce qui en fait une belle photo. j'espère que ta maman pourra bien dormir sans trop tousser

Shadows make it very well, which makes it a beautiful picture. I hope your mother can sleep well without too much cough

Lilli & Nevada said...

Sorry about Momma give her my best.
Love your post of the letter shadows very creative

smilnsigh said...

Great shadows photo!

Oh no, Mama has more issues. -sigh-

So glad that Duncan is hanging in there well, though.

Good for you with all you are trying to do. Trying to do *right* as it were. You have to protect your own health...

OK, I'll stop saying that. -grin- You will get toooo tired of my *lecturing* to you about taking care of yourself, I know. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Pat said...

Nice lettering. I like them as well. Thanks for the news of Mama. Sorry she's not well again.


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.