Friday, February 15, 2008

Immortal--I like that word in relation to music, among other things.

immortal_piano
I've enjoyed looking at this since right after we moved here in June, 2006. It's on SE Belmont, across from the Walgreen's that's on the corner of SE 39th and Belmont. One of these days I'll get a night shot of it in all its neon splendor. According to several reviews I found online, the store and its staff are splendiferous themselves--it appears they sell vintage and restored pianos.

I took this photo from the 15 bus on Sunday when Duncan and I were on our way to visit Mama. Now that she's coming home tomorrow, we won't have to do that any more. Hooray! And hooray, Duncan continues to improve. The vet is pleased with his progress which I hope and pray continues tomorrow, too. The plan is for me to bring him home on Saturday. Also, our friend Kay flies in on Saturday afternoon. That means we three--and Duncan--can watch the Daytona 500 NASCAR race together on Sunday, something we've enjoyed in the past, down home in Mississippi. By the way, Junior won the first Gatorade Duel, a 150-mile sort of pre-race that sets the field of starters for the race. That means he starts in 3rd place on Sunday. Hooray!

14 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad she's coming home!!! Everything is looking up, I'm so happy for you all. :)

WendyB said...

Glad everyone is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad every one is feeling better. I hope Duncan continues to improve and that he comes home as planned!

Kim said...

Lynette, I love this sign! Good capture from the bus. I don't know much about the Daytona 500, but had a workmate name Jim that followed NASCAR racing and would always tell me who won. I hope you all enjoy the game. Best to you as you bring your mom home and have company to celebrate,
-Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is good news. The photo fits too.

Photo Cache said...

I enjoy your postings of sign. Very entertaining. More to come I hope.

Clueless in Boston said...

I guess the sounds of music, and piano in particular, are immortal. Nice thought. Glad to hear all are doing better.

Andrea said...

Good to hear your good news. Would love to see the inside of this piano place.

Pat said...

I'd certainly love to visit this place!


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Marie said...

Glad to read that your mom is coming back home. I have been a pitiful correspondent in the past few weeks, so I don't remember who Duncan is.
Have a nice weekend!

GMG said...

Hi Lynette, I’m back after a short break (results in 20 months time, hopefully) and glad to see some beautiful posts here! So long I didn't see that «right lane must turn right»...
Missed your comments on my Cowparade at Blogtrotter. Now I'm posting on Sofia, Bulgaria...
Have a great weekend!
Gil

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good news all around. I hope you have a blast this weekend.

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Janet said...

Old pianos never die! They get restored here. Wonderful! Have a great weekend.

Neva said...

I'm glad she is home! and I like the sign.....