Friday, February 1, 2008

Reflection

glass_ball_everett_620x412

Here I am, last August, reflected in glass, reflected in a mirror. I'm excited about the chance to take this photo.

Here's the latest. Mama is making some progress, slowly. Some of the food is OK. I have plans to take her food now and then, food that she's used to eating. She's working hard with all of the physical therapy. She should get to move to the bed beside the window soon, so I'm hoping that she will sit in her chair and look out at the world as often as possible.

Duncan is home but still is not quite right, better but not all the way back to normal.

Lamont, Lindsay and Leland continue to help all three of us--Mama, Duncan and me--without a moment's pause and with an abundance of love. I am in awe.

I am tired but still eating right and sleeping OK. I need the chance to walk more, but time is way, way tight right now.

The weather is typically rainy but somewhat cooler than I remember last winter's being. I figure our spring and summer flowers will be even more beautiful than last year.

Thanks to everyone who has prayed, e-mailed, commented, looked at either one or both blogs, sent a card(s), thought good thoughts for us, commiserated with us from afar, loved us. Knowing y'all are there is such a comfort.

13 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

o I love this photo of a photogographer photographing a photo of a photographing photographer.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

lol great photo!

Olivier said...

tu passes a la television ;o) il est superbe ton reflet

You spend a television; o) it is your beautiful reflection

Jim Klenke said...

wow, that picture turned out super.

Janet said...

Creative photo! I like it.

Unknown said...

Take good care of you mum.

Love and greetings from Singapore.

Isadora said...

:) Aside from all the other reasons I would like this photo - it startled me. For a moment, I was searching my braint to think WHEN I might have taken it and why don't I remember? That reflection! :)

dot said...

Great shot Lynette!
I'm glad things are looking up a little for you and Mama. Take care!

Denton said...

Lynette, I have not visited in a while and was sad to hear of your mother's medical challenges. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Chuck Pefley said...

Unique self portraits are always fun. Well Done!

Joy said...

A very clever photo! Your mom must love it.

joy
A Pinay In England
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Andrea said...

Wow, I love this shot. Wonderful picture.

Dick said...

Great photo