Monday, February 4, 2008

Matching street-level accessory

yellow_truck_house
On the corner of SE 55th and Belmont, I first noticed the butter-yellow vehicle, mostly hidden by the green hedge. With the help of Google Images, I believe it's a 1963 GMC Suburban Carryall. Anyway, I wanted to walk closer and take a photo, but I wasn't sure how accurate the bus arrival time I had gotten from calling TriMet's Transit Tracker really was. So, I stood there. Then I noticed that the house was the exact same color as the vehicle. Click! It felt mighty good to be taking a photo just because I liked the looks of what I saw.

Duncan and I were on our way home from visiting Mama Sunday afternoon. Both of them continue to slowly improve, praise the Lord.
old_pickup
Before the bus came, this wonderful old pickup truck came rolling by--I'm pretty sure that it's a Chevy. Anyone know what year? From the 1950s?

4 comments:

slim said...

Those are two great vintage trucks and is that a "no trucks" sign on the corner . . . great juxtaposition!

Jim Klenke said...

Maybe the people who painted the yellowish house had some paint left over and said what the heck.

Annie said...

You've got an eye for the vehicles today, Lynette. Perhaps you are thinking of getting some wheels of your own?

Kim said...

Lynette, the Chevy body model of that truck on the road came out in 1955 and they looked like that until about 1962. If you were to look at a photo of my pop's 1952 Chevy Pickup (which shared a body model with the late 1940s and would not die) and compare it to a 1963 Chevy pick up, this one in your photo would bridge the gap between the two. It has aspects of each.

Isn't it fun the things you can see just standing waiting for the bus!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo