Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The MAX Yellow Line at SW 6th Avenue and SW Pine

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

DSC_0640_crp_rzd

The MAX Yellow Line pulls in at the station beside the Big Pink, downtown Portland, on SW 6th Avenue and SW Pine. A couple of guys walk towards it as it slows and another one buys his ticket at the kiosk. On Saturday, January 19, I got on board before it pulled out. My plan, to ride to the Rose Garden Arena for the Portland Trail Blazers' basketball game against the Milwaukee Bucks. This is the train that I got off and then took the photo of the Rose Garden Arena in the fog, Monday's post. 

On ball game days during the week, I catch a ride to the Rose Garden Arena at the MAX Yellow Line station at Pioneer Courthouse Square, after eating cheap at McDonald's or Subway and walking the four blocks to the station. On game day Saturdays or Sundays or holidays, I catch the MAX Yellow Line here because it's closest to where I get off either the 12 or the 19 which I had caught a block and a half from my apartment. Mass transit works pretty doggone good, if you play it right. 

3 comments:

Randy said...

Excellent night shot.

Anonymous said...

That's a great shot Lynette... I wouldn't mind taking public transit if it was this nice... Seattle's a long way behind Portland in that regard...

Jack said...

Nice selective focus. Nice lighting. Nice composition. Nice perspective.