Thursday, January 10, 2013

Four runners

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

DSC_0490_cropped On Tuesday after work, I decided to walk west across the Hawthorne Bridge. Why not, I thought, it's around 50 degrees and not raining. Little did I know that gusts of wind would buffet me every time I stopped to take a photo--I pulled up the hood on my raincoat, thankful that I had layers underneath it, a sweater set and a sweatshirt jacket. 

Still, I enjoyed myself quite a bit, happy for the walk and the photo opportunities. I noticed these four women running, two eastward, two westward. My hope was that no one would come around my left side and get in the way of the photo I wanted to take--this one of the four of them side-by-side. I've cropped it a bit, otherwise, it's straight out of the camera.

DSC_0490_BeFunky_fill_light Here's the same photo, with a bit of fill light added. Which version do you prefer? I like the lighting in the SOOC, but I wasn't certain you'd be able to see the runners well enough, so I added the fill light at BeFunky. 

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I like the first one, but I always play with my shots too. I would love to run across this bridge!

Jack said...

I might favor the second slightly. The fill light doesn't alter the truth of the photo.

Randy said...

I like the first one too. It has a little more chilly feel to it.

brian stout said...

i like them both, but the 2nd one seems a little easier to see =) and i'd like to run across the bridge too!

Andy said...

It's hard to pick one over the other. I like candid shots like this.

Patty said...

Thanks for your visit and the web sites, to read more of the short story I had posted. Makes you wonder what some monsters are thinking of. So many sick people in the world.