Friday, January 4, 2013

Seen at a MAX stop

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.


DSC_0133_cropped

I took this photo in the early evening on March 2, 2011. Waiting for the MAX Yellow Line at the stop entitled Overlook Park, I thought the juxtaposition of the arriving MAX light rail train on the left with the departure of the one on the right would make for a good photograph. I'm pleased with the result.



What I find fascinating, well, one of the things I find fascinating, about the MAX trains is that there are doors on both sides of the cars which means that the train can let folks on and off no matter which side butts up against the platform at the stop. And there's always an announcement before the train stops, something along the lines of "Doors to my right," or "Doors to my left" so, even if you've spaced out while riding along, you know which way to head to get off!



That other person and I are waiting to go towards the City Center, southwest eventually. The folks leaving on the northbound train got onto it at the station out of sight on its right, as you're looking at it here in the photo. The white strip of truncated domes--detectable warnings--lets everyone know how close the edge of the platform is, a safety feature. The aluminum box in the lower left is the ticket machine, something I don't have to ever use as long as I remember to have my mass transit pass with me--it's a fine perk from where I work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this shot... I really enjoy night/low light photography and street photography... this speaks daily life to me.

LONDONLULU said...

I agree with Madge, beautiful night shot. Someone planned out the details very nicely with your mass transit system! (These remind me of trains in Boston, which often open on both sides too, though I don't recall the "Doors to..." directions called out so clear:)

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Nighthawks redux!

Randy said...

That really is a great shot. Like Madge I love night shots.