Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Seen on a TriMet bus

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.

DSC_0359

At first glance, this photo looks like the end of a shopping trip for this young woman. However, I remember thinking when I took this photo on May 5, 2012, that I was glad that I did not have to pull that over-sized, thick paperback book out of that bag and study on the bus. She holds in her hand what looks to be the class syllabus--there are numbers and letters in the corner she holds with her slender, neatly manicured fingers--and the paperback book is opened to Chapter 1. What I find illogical is why what seems to be the beginning of a course of study is happening the first week of May. Oh, by the way, I'm certain she's repurposed the Macy's bag into a school tote bag. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely... she is absorbed in that paper! I always enjoy street shots...

Lowell said...

She's a very fine-looking young woman and is probably reviewing for the final exam.

I don't understand leaves on her leg, though! :-)

Julie(t) said...

I enjoy street shots, too, Madge. I love her outfit and look. Thanks, Lynette.

Randy said...

Looks like the book from my last class. Nice shot.