Saturday, January 5, 2013

Seen at a MAX stop

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.


2498758145_max_car_ticket_kiosk

Crowded corner. Lots of folks attempt to enter what appears to be an already stuffed MAX car. You can see the front view of a ticket kiosk, seen from its side in yesterday's post.  

  2498756435_max_car_mand_hoodie

Crowded car and sidewalk. One can't help but notice the ads on these two MAX light rail train cars for America's Builder, D R Horton, PDX. I Googled and found they still have a Web site, so I guess the recession didn't kill off their business. 



I took these photos on November 23, 2007, the day after Thanksgiving. I think it is so cool that I managed to get a single man pretty much in focus in each photo because people were going every which way. After work, I had watched the lighting of the Christmas tree at Pioneer Courthouse Square, then decided to make my way to the bus stop a few blocks away. As I approached the corner of SW Morrison and SW Broadway, I couldn't resist taking these two photos of the packed MAX train about to leave the Square. I'm always amazed at the number of shoulder-to-shoulder faces I see in one of these cars after some sort of well-attended event, like this one at Pioneer Courthouse Square or an NBA basketball game at Rose Garden Arena. Let me tell you, I alway feel so thankful that I do not have to ride a packed MAX train to get home!




Did you notice on the sign in the top photo that you could catch the Blue, Red or Yellow Lines at this stop which is westbound and located on the north side of the Square? (If you look closely, you'll be able to see the yellow circle beside the blue and red ones at the top of the sign.) Back in 2007, the Yellow Line left this top, went a few blocks, then looped south for a block and came back east, passing the Square on its south end before heading northeast out of downtown. Nowadays, the Yellow Line heads northeast from the eastern end of the Square. 


1 comment:

Randy said...

It's nice to see that many people riding public transit. Ours are usually empty.