Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Seen either on or from a TriMet vehicle, be it bus or MAX, or maybe even the Portland Streetcar, which is not TriMet

Click here for a trip to City Daily Photo, transporting you around the world every day.


IMG_0845

Straight out of the camera, I took this photo on December 8, 2012, while riding the bus home. The writing on the man's hat and jacket intrigued me.


  IMG_0866

Here the same photo has been altered with Snapseed, an app I have on my iPhone 5. On the hat, you may be able to read some of it. The best I can make out, it says, "Eternal life is in Jesus, the son of God." On the jacket, it says, "Orphans and widows indeed," then lists three Bible verses, Isaiah 1:17, 23; James 1:27, and 2nd Timothy 2:19. 

Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. 

 
Isaiah 1:23 - Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.


James 1:27 - Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.


2nd Timothy 2:19 - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like your altered version. The gritty texture really adds to the story!

-K- said...

I'm not familiar with Snapspeed or anything to do with iPhones but I really like the texture of the second photo.

Bettey said...

Thanks for posting the link to Daily City Photo. I had lost them for a while, since they were working on their site, and wasn't sure what happened! Glad it is still around!

Randy said...

Love that second version.

Bob Crowe said...

Yes, almost everyplace has some. Reminds me of our Brad, Servant of the Lord, who I have on my blog from time to time. I like the edited version better.