Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 2, 2008 ... ABC Wednesday - X is for X to the Nth

xx_big_head_just_enhanced
OK, so I didn't plan to have that bottle of Dos Equis hanging there on the left side of the photo. In fact I had absolutely no idea that it was there when I went looking for X photos a little while ago. It was the metal bands that make up the big head, criss-crossing themselves into a plethora of Xs that I wanted to find among my thousands of phot. I mean, I took these photos last October, knowing that sooner or later I'd find a use for them, and here they are!

xx_big_head_sign
I shot this, too, so we'd all know what the sculptor's intentions were, for the big heads--there's one on each corner, a block apart. I got off the bus early that sunny afternoon and walked to the south side of West Burnside on purpose, just to take big head pix.

xx_other_big_head
See, here's the other one.

xx_big_head_pge_park
And here's the first one again, with PGE Park in the background.

I'm kinda tickled with my ABC Wednesday X post--hope y'all are, too!

If you're of a mind to, please go to Mrs. Nesbitt's Place for loads of other ABC Wednesday blogs! Look at the list of links per Mr. Linky.

18 comments:

WendyB said...

That's an amazing-looking dude!

Juliana said...

great X post :D

Mine in here at My Imaginary site. Thanks

Anonymous said...

wow... nice X you have

Visit me in here Thanks

Jerez Sherry said...

X-cellent X!

Bear Naked said...

What an eXcellent choice for the letter X.
And a bonus in the XX beer bottle.

Rena said...

Very clever!
I enjoyed your blog--I lived in Portland for many years. Nice to see flowers in Pioneer Square.

Anna said...

Very cool sculptures! Love them. :-D

A.

esnorway said...

nice x good pics to

Paulie said...

Definitely surprising X post to me! Not sure I want to meet one of these when I get off a bus in Portland!!!!!! Come and see mine.

mrsnesbitt said...

Excellent post and much appreciated you getting the early bus to capture this, thinking of us all here for aBC Wednesday. A great community feeling!

Jim Klenke said...

It is certainly different and neat looking.

me ann my camera said...

This is really different and unique art work! And a great find for X's!

Mental P Mama said...

X-ceptional X post!

AphotoAday said...

Oh yeah, in my drinking days I certainly put down more than my share of XX's...
I guess X's are out there, where you would least expect them...
And that is really an interesting sculpture!

Chuck Pefley said...

Great sculpture and X-cell-ant illustration of "X"!

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" is buried deeper than his cowbell in a work project for the next several weeks. He will stop and visit, but may not stay long enough to 'sign the guest registry'.

Jane Hards Photography said...

What a startling image. Now he does have the x factor. Xcellent x.

Virginia said...

I love the masks, faces, heads , whatever they are I like 'em.