Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008 - VW Squareback

sleek_vw_sqback_typeIII
Found this beauty near the apartment. The young man who owns it came over when he saw me taking photos of it and gave me this information--1971 Volkswagen Squareback Type III. He didn't mind if I used the photo of the whole car as long as I blurred the license plate. It took some time, rubbing that little iPhoto retouch brush over and over and over that Oregon plate, but I did it because you really need to see the whole car. Plus that building in the background, where you can see the red letters and the green symbol--that Elephant's Delicatessen. Sunday's sleek photo comes from one of their parking lots, out of sight to the right.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

You're really finding all the cool cars lately.

Louis la Vache said...

Oh my! You are really on a roll with these old cars, and "Louis" is lovin' it!

"Louis" had a 1972 VW Squareback in a color they called 'Kasan' red, if his memory is correct. It was a red-orange. Great car! Very reliable, good mileage. Underpowered as all VWs of that time were, but it was unbreakable, unlike the American cars of that era.

Unknown said...

Very nice. I love the looks of this. Wendy's right, you find awesome cars!

Unknown said...

Oh! And I forgot to write "thank you" for the comment about our anniversary. That was very nice of you Lynette. Hope you have a great Sunday!