Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - ABC Wednesday, A is for Awesome!

Awesome view from the top of Multnomah Falls, courtesy of guest photographer Kailey.
mfalls_top_enhanced
I could never take this photo because I would not be able to convince myself to even try to hike to the top of the 620-foot falls. Here's a crop of the pool at the bottom of the upper falls (on the left of the photo, where the logs are floating) and the viewing deck at the bottom of the lower falls. I've been here but no higher.
mfalls_fr_top_crop_viewing
You can just see the Benson Bridge, too, if you follow the path from the curved deck up and around to the left. Monday, July 14, Kailey, Leland, Lindsay and Lamont hiked to the top, enjoyed a picnic lunch, and hiked back down. What a great time they had!


In order to get another perspective of this awesome waterfall, here's my photo of Multnomah Falls from the viewing deck.
DSC_0170
And here's the pool at the bottom of the falls.
DSC_0174

Read about Multnomah Falls here.

12 comments:

WendyB said...

Stunning! I want to visit.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

WOW!! beautiful!

ptowngirl said...

I love waterfall photos and these are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

I've never tried for the top either Lynette. I got my DH to go up on the bridge and took his photo from below. Did you see that huge rock that fell a few years back, the size of a Greyhound bus?

Louis la Vache said...

Fantastic!
"Louis" has visited the Multnomah Falls. Beautiful area!

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Wow. Great shots of a beautiful place.

Jim Klenke said...

Awesome falls. The first picture shows just how high that is.

George Townboy said...

Awesome shots! Makes me want to head for the hills, pronto.

brian stout said...

beautiful, stunning shots... my uncle lives up near this area and i've seen some photos of this same waterfall before - but these are amazing!

Neva said...

What a fantastic view! and I don't blame you for not going up!!! Lovely...

Andrea said...

I agree, AWESOME....and you can use it again next week as BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE waterfalls. I wish I could visit them all.

Anonymous said...

You're not lying - these photos truly are AWESOME!!! I really do love them - they're clear, precise, colorful, just all around great shots.