Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friday, August 1, 2008 - Tricycle with Handle

080108_tricycle_handle
Gee, do I wish I'd come up with this idea! Mama and I were over at the Dairy Queen on SE Division, near 56th, a few weeks ago. Remember when we had to buy a battery for the Buick? We ended up eating supper at the DQ. A daddy and his little boy stopped at the curb, waiting to cross Division so that they could come to the DQ. That's when I noticed the daddy had his hand on a handle attached to the back of his little boy's tricycle which meant no tired, aching back for that dad. I just had to ask the daddy, "Did you make that yourself?" "No," he replied. "My parents got it at a Western Auto." Western Auto! How cool is that? I can remember walking by the store in downtown Clinton, Mississippi, and seeing the wagons, bicycles and tricycles in the window, just in time for Christmas.

Have you ever seen a trike like this?

13 comments:

Virginia said...

Well my grandchildren have them with handles but not with red trikes like this one. They are handy and makes for faster walks before they and pedal themselves. Great pic.

Anna said...

I have! Well after my girls were past the trike stage, unfortunately. (They're 12 and 15 now.) I thought it was just the greatest idea!

A.

Jim Klenke said...

Very cool. I agree with you, why didnt I think of that.

Steve Buser said...

Looks like you had a "Metal" post on theme day without even thinking about it. I had never seen one of these on a tricycle. Wished they would have invented it when my kids were young.

WendyB said...

That's a good idea!

Anonymous said...

It is a neat idea for little kids who need a boost.

Chris said...

Great idea! I didn't know Western Auto was still around, either.

Meead said...

I saw this kind of cycle before. It helps parents alot to guide the kids where to go or not to go.

AVCr8teur said...

Hi Lynette, I remember having a tricycle like that as a kid, but no long handle. Ah, the memories. It's probably still in my parent's garage somewhere. I think I remember only having ice cream at DQ. I have decided to blog again so come by for a visit.

brian stout said...

very cool idea, and yeah - why couldn't I think of that!

Louis la Vache said...

That's one of those 'why didn't they think of this 50 years ago?' ideas!

Neva said...

What a great picture!!! and no...I have never seen a trike like this....does it not make the best sense ever???? I am trying hard to catch up with everyone...thanks for keeping up with me!!!!

George Townboy said...

Never, lol.