Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sidewalk Entertainment

Thursday evening after I left the waterfront, the fleet and the fireboat, I walked into Old Town Chinatown to catch a bus home. Thank goodness, or I wouldn't have come upon this entertaining scene outside the Old Town Precinct at NW 3rd and Couch.

The policewoman's horse enjoyed grabbing folded boxes from those stashed in another box at the curb. You can see some of them on the street where they fell. Here's how the entertainment started.
le_ppb_horses3

I'm thinking this horse is the class clown who thought that since the lady paid attention to the other horse, it was time to get on stage. The boxes provided the perfect prop.
le_ppb_horses1

I love the looks the two horses on the left are giving the class clown, just like long-suffering classmates who've seen all of this time and again.
le_ppb_horses4

By the way, the lady never noticed the fun-lovin' horse, but I certainly did and enjoyed every moment.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

What the hell am I doing in New York? All the fun stuff happens in Portland!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

It would have been great to see this in a video. :)

Kris McCracken said...

I guess another title could be “Progress?”

Lovely image. How do you feel about it?

Great series of pictures!

George Townboy said...

Awesome shots!! Nice to see those work horses having fun for a change, lol.

Denton said...

Lynette, check out my Marilyn Monroe horse photo I posted on my family website.

Chuck Pefley said...

Nice to catch up with your Portland happenings ... it's been awhile since I've journeyed south to PDPhoto ...

That horse "horsin'" around is wonderful!

I agree the flattened autos on the flatbed truck is a bit nonplussing when you stop to think about it.

Your food photos make me want to rush out and fire up my grill ... those vegetables looked wonderful!

~Chuck