Monday, June 9, 2008

One of the reasons I love Portland is ...

...you never know what might turn up on the street. Honestly.
evergreen_st_corner
And there's always someone close by to take a photo.
evergreen_crossing_st_photog
And another photo. Who wouldn't want several of these young people bent on advertising the grand opening of the Evergreen Space Museum? It's in McMinnville, next door to the Evergreen Aviation Museum, home of Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose. They handed out freeze-dried fruit to folks at the Waterfront Village.
evergreen_close
How's this one seen through the Salmon Street Springs Fountain?
evergreen_fountain
OMG! I just realized this photo is pure foreshadowing of the next night when the fireboat cannon doused me! Don't ya just love karma? I do!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat. I like the colors.

George Townboy said...

Great series. A wonderful way to advertise too ... I'm going out in my Space Suit today!

WendyB said...

What the heck?? How funny. I too am glad (per your comment) that the colored water didn't get ya.

Profile Not Available said...

An excellent series of photos! I bet their costumes caught a lot of people off guard!

Andrea said...

Interesting and colorful. Nice post.

Jane Hards Photography said...

wonderful storyboard and fabulous images.

Anna said...

That's hilarious!

Our city has stuff like this happening, too. Recently, I saw a group of "protesters" carrying signs to "Save the Slot-back Pig" and giving out pamphlets for a financial company.

Great photos. :-D

A.

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" remembered the 'Spruce Goose' was in a museum - but he had forgotten where. Thank you for the reminder! Fun photos - appropriate of them to be handing out dried fruit. :-)

Re "boubou's" comment: save the slot-back pig. LOL :-)

Chris said...

This reminded me of a Letterman skit: How many men dressed in space suits can we get into a Jamba Juice? ROTFLOL