Friday, June 13, 2008

In honor of the sun's return ...

fri_13_sun_stripes
...I just have to post this photo of the pattern made by the rising sun and window blinds on our kitchen wall. If I could type and jump for joy at the same time, I'd look kinda silly right now. And what a blessing that I could take today off from work to pal around with Mississippi friends who have stopped by Portland on their way to a wedding in Washington state. Plus yesterday evening we also got to visit with a Georgia-moving-to-North-Carolina friend in Portland for a week to learn/tour for his new job with Daimler Trucks.

For all of us the guys grilled last night, photos forthcoming. Just let me say this, "First Walla Wall Sweet Onions" for you Pacific Northwesterners out there. Southerners, think Vidalias and you'll get the taste.

One more really neat thing, this week we celebrate being in Portland two whole years. Thanks to everyone who helped us move 'cause we love our new city and being so close to Lamont and Leland. I feel like the luckiest woman in world.

11 comments:

WendyB said...

Very pretty!

DeterminedPeace said...

We got very excited too when the sun came out yesterday. Finally :-)

ritasobczyk said...

Lovely-designed kitchen! I love patterns formed by sun shadows! Very nice picture, greetings from Poland!

George Townboy said...

... and we're blessed to have "the luckiest woman in world" in blogland! Nice kitchen!!

Annie said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

love the shadow made by the blinds. it makes me think i should better use timber blind at home instead of curtain.

Denton said...

I would love to see you typing and jumping for joy. I'm smiling trying to imagine this.

I look forward to your grilling photos.

GMG said...

Hi Lynette! Back home and profiting from the holidays, I’m trying to catch up your posts (What a nice week: June 10th, Portugal’s Day; June 13th, Lisbon’s Day - St. Anthony of Lisbon, not Padua… ;)).
Congratulations for your anniversary in Portland!
The bridge truck is scaring... ;)
Loved to see the coast guard and horses posts and, of course, the reason why you love Portland... ;)
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter, which is now landed in Santiago de Compostela, Spain! Hope you enjoy, and have a nice weekend!

Louis la Vache said...

Flag Day.

Jim Klenke said...

This reminds me of when I was little and school was out during the summer. I would get up with my Grandma and sit at the kitchen table, she would have her coffee and I would have pop tarts (blueberry, yumm). We would watch the sun come up through the kitchen window, when it got to a certain height, it would get you in the eye, so you would have to adjust just a little.

Neva said...

I love your shot and congratulations on your anniversary!How wonderful it is to be near family!I can just feel your joy jumping out at me....