Sunday, April 19, 2015

Signs of the times.

Blazers_Playoffs_2015_BeFunky Collage

NBA play offs begin today for the Portland Trail Blazers in Memphis, Tennessee, against the Grizzlies. To make this collage from a whole lot of photographs I've taken over the years, I scoured out these particular ones with words noticed on all sorts of signs.

I will be watching the games on television in my apartment, the entire first round probably. You see, I'm having surgery on April 24; our first home game is April 25, and the second one is on April 27. I'm counting on my Portland Trail Blazers to win it in six because, by May 1, a week after surgery, I just might be healthy enough to go to the Moda Center and watch in person as the Blazers advance to the second round!

For those of you who think I've lost my mind when I make that statement about advancing to the second round, I can assure you that I have not.

I am a fan, spelled F-A-N. Through and through. No matter what. I believe in my team which is made up of skilled, determined, decent young men.

UPDATE as of Sunday morning 5:57 a.m., Portland Time! I won a Portland Trail Blazers' autographed basketball from my friend the Portland Trail Blazers' official DJ--O.G. One--as a result of my having donated to his Team OG 2015 team for the local Autism Walk! I'm in shock because I had no idea such a thing was a possibility! Lamont and Leland don't know it yet--they are bouldering up in Leavenworth, Washington, camping out--but they will be picking it up from DJ O.G. One before the game begins here on Saturday night. Wowsers!

5 comments:

Birdman said...

Hope all goes well and you're back cheering loudly LIVE soon.

Patty said...

Congratulations on you winning the basketball. Sports is something I never enjoyed, except bowling on TV, and ice skating. I could understand both of them. LOL Have a wonderful day and take care.

AsAeenBySusan said...

Living one state to the north, Portland has always been one of my favorite cities. So I, too, root for the Trailblazers when I have a chance. Cheer on and have fun.

William Kendall said...

Good for you!

Randy said...

Congratulations! What an awesome prize.