Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sights I'll miss until I am about out and about again, No. 5 - no biopsy results yet, maybe later in the week

DSC_0461_cropped_5674084408_faa92c806f_o

Portland's a city that communicates in all ways. Here we witness the written word, as in placing signs wherever they will stick. Love Your Farmer. Old Ragged-Time Music. This Is Your Land - Vote.

DSC_0460

And here, on top of the instrument case, I can make out one that reads: Eat More Kale.The others are upside down and blurry.

Right now I've been up three hours after a good night's sleep. Ate a little oatmeal for breakfast. Drank some Twining's English Breakfast Tea--that stuff is doggone great! In a little while, I'll make a couple of L-shaped loops in the hallway of my apartment building, probably go down the few steps from my hallway into the vestibule and look out the front door. No pain medications needed--hooray! My sons will be back after work today. I am blessed. Thank you for your continued prayers, love and concern.

If you are worried that I'm about to get stir crazy, to tell you the truth, I don't feel it coming on.  Four great windows in my living room and sunshine outside help a whole lot. Knowing that in a few days I should be able to take my aluminum folding lawn chair outside and sit on the sidewalk in the sunshine is a goal I will achieve.

I took these photos at the Portland Farmers Market on the Portland State University campus on April 29, 2011. Not only live music, but lots of local foodstuffs and flowers. What special places, all of the farmers' markets in and around Portland.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you are coping. Good luck.

William Kendall said...

They look like real characters.

English breakfast tea is certainly a welcome hot drink.

Randy said...

Nothing like music in the park.