Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sights I'll miss until I am about out and about again, No. 3 - plus an update


Graffiti, Portland style. I took this photo April 26, 2008. Looks like it was a nice sunny day for leaving a trail.

RECOVERY UPDATE: Slept pretty good, in the recliner which meant less stress on my body. Thank goodness I had the laproscopic procedure, not the full abdominal one; that should make my recovery less stressful. Lamont sacked out on my twin bed. I ate a piece of toast around 6 a.m., took a Oxycodone and a 600 Ibuprofen at 6:20 a.m. By 7:20 a.m., outrageous nausea set it. Lamont and I both thought we'd heard two names of over-the-counter nausea meds, so he got in his car and drove to Freddie's where he found nothing, not even a helpful employee; then he drove to Walgreens where a worker explained to him that both were prescription drugs. Lamont called me to report this. While he was on the way back here, I was able to call the discharged-from-the-hospital-within-five-days advice nurse and get some advice: Eat some protein, like a scrambled egg, and some dry toast, slowly, over a period of time. Within two hours of having done that, if I still felt totally terrible, call back. She said it could have been either pill that caused the nausea.

Well, it worked! Actually, by the time I ate it, an hour and a half had passed since I took the pills, so a bit of relief seemed to be already on its way. But, eating that dry scrambled egg and that dry toast, slowly, over an hour, made a huge change. Since then, I've walked in the hall of the apartment building, as well as around in the apartment between kitchen, bathroom and living room. I've had a bit of baked chicken and some plain rice, plus a few strawberries from the box of cut fruit that Leland got yesterday when he went to the grocery store for me. Today he got a few more items that I wanted but didn't think of yesterday. I'm heading for the recliner in a few to take a nap.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concern. We really appreciate it.


Jack said...

Good luck, Lynette.

William Kendall said...

Get as much rest as you can!

Randy said...

Ginger tea would help that nausea.

Denton Harryman said...

best wishes on your recovery

Birdman said...

Imagination and a martini. Got it!

Patty said...

Sounds like you are improving. So happy for you. Yes the bellybutton surgery (that's what I call it) should be a lot easier then the large incision. The one medicine you took would have probably made me vomit. I can't even take Vicodin, unless I lay perfectly still, eyes closed and a cold damp wash clothe over my eyes. But it's always best to either eat something before the medicine or take it with milk, then eat something. Hang in there, each day will get better. So happy you are home.