Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time Change, Different Direction

4th_taylor_sun_dark_bus_wall

After work as I waited for my second bus, the 15, near the intersection of SW 2nd Avenue and Taylor, the sharp contrast between the shadow and the sun captured my attention. I took this photo on Sept. 22, standing about 12 feet north of where I stood to take the two photos of the Lotus Cafe and Cardroom, posted on Nov. 8.

111007_sw2nd_taylor_110907

Standing there after work on Friday, I looked up at the trees, enjoying the lights, the limbs and the leaves against the darkening blue sky. When the bus pulled to a stop, I knew what to do--take a photo for y'all! Even if the bus started to pull away for the curb, I'm pleased with it anyway.

12 comments:

Lilli & Nevada said...

Nice shot of the lights, do they keep those lights on all yr? It has been a long time since i have been to Portland altho your not all that far from me.

Neva said...

nice contrast.....

Andrea said...

Nice photos.

Annie said...

I think you could title these photos "seasonal light changes". It's interesting what happened to the sun in just two months, isn't it.

I'm sorry you couldn't see my exclamation point photo. I've reposted it in hopes it'll be visible to you and others now.

Isadora said...

Nice play of shadows on the bus and I LOVE the lights. Soon Andrassy boulevard will be lit up too.

GMG said...

Great contrast, beautiful pictures! But the sunset photo was absolutely stunning!

Janet said...

Nice to see things in low light. I take most of mine in bright sun.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Fantastic contrasts. Great photos!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog I think if you live in Northern Ontario you have to learn to love (or at the very least tolerate) snow otherwise it makes for a very long winter if you don’t.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love lights in trees! :)

Sharon said...

Nice!

Denton said...

I especially like the splash of light in this photo.

• Eliane • said...

Ah, 's already Christmas in Portland!