Wednesday, November 7, 2007

ABC Wednesday – P is for Pumpkin, Plus a Couple of Gourds

Flat Stanley purports these photos of primped and painted pumpkins present the perfect P post.

ff_rasm_p_biker_close

I couldn't keep the little guy away from this biker and his motorcyle.

ff_rasm_p_biker

Now, for the photos of Rasmussen Farms' creative pumpkins:

ff_rasm_p_swan_gourd

How's this for a perfect gourd-swan-transformation?

ff_rasm_p_godzilla

Godzilla walks again. Flat Stanley and I like the flames; they're on a wire perfectly positioned in front of the creature's mouth.

ff_rasm_p_elmo

Elmo is in pefect tickle position.

ff_rasm_p_bigbird

Big Bird is the grandest gourd of all!

ff_rasm_p_grover

Grover has always been my favorite Sesame Street resident.

ff_rasm_p_vampires

You can't get much more Halloween-y than vampires and bats, can you?

ff_rasm_p_giant

Well, he's wearing green and his face is green, but he doesn't look jolly to me, more like worn out and taking a rest.

ff_rasm_p_cavemen

Wild child Flat Stanley joins the Wild Thing Cave Men!

ff_rasm_p_troggs

What's with the hair, Mr. Drummer Man?

ff_rasm_p_badhair2

Bad Hair Day explains it all. The lady in the beautician's chair appears quite calm. Perhaps it's because there's no mirror for her to see the mustachioed man as he approaches, comb and clippers in hand. What is that look on his face all about anyway?

20 comments:

Forks and Forest said...

Impressive display. Very interesting.
Nice use of Flat Stanley, too.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

An amazing post! The biker and the swan are my favorite, and Elmo and Big Bird and the drummer, heck, love them all! :D

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

good to see Flat Stanley again but I fear this year I've seen more than enough pumpkins to last me a lifetime!

Andrea said...

I love these and it looks like Flat Stanley goes everywhere you go.

mrsnesbitt said...

I have read the story of Flat Stanley so laughed at the pictures here! He is lucky he didn't blow away! LOL!

kml said...

Love that little swan made form the gourd - some creative people out there!

Clueless in Boston said...

Very clever indeed. I like the pumpkin headed biker the best:)

Dick said...

Great post, I like it all.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Great photos! Looks like Flat Stanley is having tons of fun. I was worried about Stanley when that one photo from a few days ago said that farm dogs were loose...I guess Flat Stanley can even charm the dogs!!

Thanks for visiting my NorthBayPhoto blog. Once the ice starts to form on the lake, I'll be sure to post some pics. It's been snowing overnight but warming up during the day so no snow is staying on the ground but that will change soon.

Sharon said...

Wow, those are too much!! Grover was my favorite too. RJ prefers Elmo. :)

Olivier said...

bravo, j'aime beaucoup toutes ces créations, avec une préférence pour le batteur

Bravo, I love all these creations, with a preference for the batter

Neva said...

This Flat Stanley is going to have the bestest of stories to tell! Nice pictures.

WendyB said...

These are all great, but I'm particularly taken with the swan. How elegant!

Max-e said...

I love the humour in all this Lynette. Very creative.
Oh and hullo to Flat Stanley

Oswegan said...

Those are funny.

~Oswegan

Anonymous said...

Lol I never thought that there was a creative use such as that for pumpkins.

Nice set.
Stuart

Annie said...

That is fun, Lynette, seeing all the creative works that's been done with the gourds. And Flat Stanley enjoyed it all, too? He's a lucky guy.

WalksFarWoman said...

What an amazing post - and display. Looked like a lot of fun and a great photo opportunity. Well done!

AVCr8teur said...

How fun! The farm looked like a haven for photographers like us who love to take interesting pictures. I have never seen so many colorful and creative pumpkins.

Lara said...

soooooooo cool!