Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sun. Shade. Sidewalks. Serendipity.



P6040013

As I walked across the street to head to the corner, I made a conscious decision to walk in the shade, if I could manage to not have to rub against the originator of the shade, that giant hedge. I quickly realized that wasn't going to happen, and, at the same time, I noticed that my left arm felt cooler air on it than my right arm. On my iPhone the temp registered 90 degrees, so I was surprised that the shade made a noticeable difference as I stopped and stood there to take this photo. I love paying attention to what's going on around me, but this, this was wonderful. Serendipity today, being in the moment, aware, experiencing. Yea!

P6040016

Before continuing around the corner, I turned to look north towards NE Sandy and took this photo, just to document the hedge, the shade, the sunshine, the sidewalk. Wonderful to live in a neighborhood with such sidewalks.

Flickr and Blogger continue to drive me crazy. I really wish I knew more about what's happening and understood if there's something I need to do to stop it from happening. Whew. Anyway, the photos are so small right now that I'm sad, but at least they are on the post. I thought for a few minutes that I'd never get it done today!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The hedge really casts quite a considerable shadow.