Thursday, September 3, 2015

UPDATE and workers doing what they do or the results thereof--Labor Day's on the way, y'all.

UPDATE: At the risk of being repetitive--oh, who cares, right? It's exciting that I slept well again, awoke at 5 a.m. but managed to fall back asleep until the alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I am thankful, y'all. At work today, I found myself becoming exhausted right before 2 p.m. which has not happened on any other day this week. I took a nap in the recliner in the small room with the door that locks and no windows, therefore it it pleasantly dark. I set my phone to go off after 18 minutes. That nap certainly helped. And I am thrilled that tomorrow is Friday, with a three-day weekend between it and next Tuesday when I work from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. again. Thanks for your continued prayers, love, and concern. Chemo Round Three next week.

iPhone pix

This morning when I waited for my second bus of the morning commute beside the garden at City Hall, I noticed these two men working on the backstop of the two seats at the bus shelter. I had wanted to sit down but when the one you see holding the jug of liquid said that it might be a strong smell or that the substance they would be removing from the backstop might smell even stronger, I got up and walked away. When he saw me take the photo, he asked, "Are you taking my picture?" I replied, "Yes, I want to know if it's OK with both of you that I put it on my blog, Portland Oregon Daily Photo? I take lots of photos related to TriMet and always brag about it." Both said it would be fine. About the photo, it's sort of amazing how the jug managed to look like I cut out its shape from the background. I wonder why that happened? Sunshine hit it just at the second that the iPhone 6 Plus camera clicked?

iPhone pix

Here they are, Dale on the left and Nate on the right, hard at work removing the somewhat worn out protective coating that keeps folks from being able to graffiti the backstop. Neither one of them figured this would be a routine procedure; I think Dale said it usually takes 30 minutes or so to remove and replace it. Something--maybe being in direct sunlight every single time the sun shines--had caused the substance to break down enough that removing it would prove time consuming. Dale guessed it could take up to two hours. They were certainly pleasant, hard-working young men, doing a great job as TriMet employees.

iPhone pix

Here's a photo showing the results of someone's work--these beautiful roses in the City Hall garden.

iPhone pix

And one more of the rose bush next to the previous one. So beautiful, although I didn't get a whiff of them. Sometimes when I've stood here, the scent has been perfect.

iPhone pix

Parts of the garden are used to grow vegetables which go to organizations feeding the needy in Portland. More good results of workers working. Has someone let these collards grow too large? Just curious since I've never grown any kind of greens.

iPhone pix

And here's me in my work cube. I'm so happy to be a worker working again, even at four hours per day!

iPhone pix

After I got off the last bus home, I headed straight for the Blue Diamond, thinking that although the nap had helped, I need to eat more than the green grapes, raisins, prunes, Ritz crackers, and bits of cheese with water that I'd nibbled on in my cube. First up, this side salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Exactly what I needed at that moment, prepared perfectly by the workers in the kitchen at the Blue Diamond, my neighborhood bar with fine food, always fine food. Some pretty good lemonade, too. Thanks, y'all!

iPhone pix

Finally, I finished a little over half of this steak and baked potato, all of the tomato slices. I put the grilled mushrooms and sweet onions on the baked potato--outta sight good! The rest of it is in the frig for next time! Thanks to the workers at the Blue Diamond!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Labor Day Weekend and Labor Day itself on Monday.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The meal looks delicious! I imagine it's the way the jug was angled in that first shot. It appears in another shot and doesn't have that same quality going on.