Thursday, March 6, 2014

While cold and blustery weather lingers, I'm dreaming and knowing this too will come, No. 7

Sunny mid-day, busy downtown park, the perfect training period for this seeing eye dog. I took this photo on July 16, 2009, at 11:58 a. m., during my lunch hour. I took the bus from my building west across the Willamette River and ate my lunch in the park. Always I find plenty to photograph there at that time of day. Positive effort reinforced through a reward--the best way to have the dog learn exactly what is needed in order to become a successful help-mate to a person who truly needs that help.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

We have an organization here that also trains them, so often you see them in the streets with a dog learning the ropes.

Randy said...

What a handsome pup. I would love to have a Lab.