Friday, March 21, 2014

See what prompted me to get off the 20 bus on East Burnside last Saturday




An enclosed tricycle. What do you think of it? While I think it is so cute, I myself cannot imagine being out in regular traffic in it--even with bike lanes--mainly because I cannot imagine riding a bicycle or a tricycle in traffic, period. Someone parked it here, beside the bike rack--that blue bar--so someone rode in it.



Once I walked across East Burnside onto NE 16th, I stopped to take this photo. Now I see that the enclosed trike is in between two bike racks; I wonder why it is not locked to one of them? Hmmm. Look ahead on the sidewalk and you'll see a bicycle waiting for its rider. I wonder if it is locked to a bike rack? Oh, one more thing to notice in this photo that I took in Northeast Portland. Beyond the green street sign and the yellow one with the arrow on it, see what looks like a tall building? That is the Big Pink which is on the west side of the Willamette, a mile and three tenths away! So cool to find the unexpected in a photograph!



Closer view of the back of the trike. It's an interesting piece of machinery.





5 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Great for rainy weather. Down here we would have to put an AC unit in it!

William Kendall said...

That is a peculiar looking tricycle!

Jack said...

It is not going on my wish list.

Randy said...

That would be some ride but I would not want to be riding next to a big vehicle.

Birdman said...

File under---
Just strange.