Saturday, March 1, 2014

City Daily Photo Theme Day: People on the Street

Click here to see Theme Day posts from around the world.

I've made a collage for Theme Day because I couldn't resist sharing with you the coincidence of movement, expression, and stance between these two people waiting at a bus shelter on a Portland street. I took these photos on February 28, 2009, five years and one day ago.

Here are the close-ups of each photo so that you can see for yourself what I find to be so interesting--their movement, expression, and stance. Then there's the rest of the serendipity all over the place, the similar mustardy yellows on his jacket, the folded-shut street barricade, and her leopard print skirt. Plus, several of the faces on her stockings have blonde hair. And her lace-up boots match the sidewalk's color.
 

They appear to be looking at each other.



They're both looking the opposite direction, at the same time.
    

They're both reaching up to the side of their heads, at the same time.
 

They looked down at the same time.

23 comments:

Andy said...

Street dancers in sync. :)

Lois said...

I love these picture Lynette! Just look at those boots. Wonderful idea for theme day!

Randy said...

Wonderful shots Lynette. Perfect for theme day.

William Kendall said...

I look at these, and the first thought going through my mind is "so near and yet so far."

Those stockings are particularly unique!

Gerald (SK14) said...

excellent composition in more ways than one - a true narrative

Tania said...

Perfect post for the theme!!
The first picture is my favorite and the clothes are so interesting.
Well done!

Zosia said...

A great story. Love the yellow and black outfits - as if styled on purpose.
Thanks for stopping by at Polonica: Home Again.

Stuart said...

That is a fascinating series of shots. And they never noticed you? Great for theme day !

Aussie in France said...

Excellent idea! It didn''t occur to me to tell my story with a collage.
Rosemary (Blois Daily Photo)

wilf said...

Cute, so lovely!

Small City Scenes said...

Wow! Did you choreograph this? LOL
Love it. MB

paul said...

A remarkable sequence, well done!

Jack said...

Well done, Lynette.

Linda said...

Interesting study. Reminds me of a storyboard.

VP said...

Thank you for this little masterpiece of a series: the coordination between these two is fascinating. I am wondering if they already somewhat knew each other, and I am curious about what may be happened after the shots. Excellent choice, my favorite for this theme day. Brava!

Joan Elizabeth said...

I can see why teh sequence fascinated you ... the coincidence of colour and action is great.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I can see why teh sequence fascinated you ... the coincidence of colour and action is great.

LOLfromPasa said...

Bet you had a lot of fun putting this together. I have enjoyed the result.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh well spotted indeed Lynette, brilliant collage for the theme.

Halcyon said...

Great collage. People watching is a very interesting passtime. We are not really so different, in fact. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness! These really are interesting! How wonderful that you caught all this with your camera!!

RedPat said...

Such a great catch! No wonder you have kept it in mind for so long.

Kay said...

Great series! I can't help but wonder if they aren't listening to some of the same music, too. Good example of being in the right place at the right time with a camera!