Thursday, March 27, 2014

Along the west bank of the Willamette River, No. 2




Here's the jumping girl from yesterday's post, with her dad, mom, and little sister. Sweet to see a family out making memories in the sunshine on the first weekend that the cherry trees bloomed. The way the weather changes around here, sometimes these flowers depart quickly, so it is imperative to get on out there and take advantage of the best conditions, as soon as they occur. That's why I went over between the Burnside and the Steel Bridges Friday, March, 21, after work. I had no idea if I could get back to Tom McCall Waterfront Park on Saturday or Sunday, so I put a reminder on my iPhone 5 and made it happen. The reminder's necessary because on Friday I tend to be on autopilot for home, unless the Blazers are playing.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Wow! Those blossoms are a beautiful sight. It's still winter here.

William Kendall said...

Lovely! It looks quite warm there!

Randy said...

A wonderful day for an outing.