Wednesday, March 5, 2014

While cold and blustery weather lingers, I'm dreaming and knowing this too will come, No. 6

I took this photo on June 26, 2009, at 5:07 p.m. Look at the wedding party, carefully crossing the sunny street on their way no doubt to a wedding photo site. The woman in the brown pants has a camera and a bag full of stuff. The woman behind her in the black pants also has a camera. As best as I can tell from the first photo in the series, the woman in the short-sleeved red top and the blue jeans just happened to be on the corner waiting for the light to change when the wedding party joined her. Likewise the woman in the black skirt and the flip-flops. It cracks me up how indifferent the two of them see, there in the midst of that colorful, youthful group. I have to wonder whether or not the two of them gave their chance encounter enough thought to have related it to someone when they reached their destinations. From the look of them, I doubt it. And, to me, that's a doggone shame. What is your opinion? Would you strike up a conversation in a situation like this? Would you tell all about it later on?

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's a terrific shot.

I might be inclined to offer my congratulations, that sort of thing. I've done it from time to time passing a wedding party having pics taken.

Randy said...

Not something you usually see. What a great shot.

Jack said...

Nice photo. So, I am not the only one who takes sneaked shots of wedding parties!