Thursday, July 14, 2011

Candid #2

DSC_0076p-p
On June 25, I ventured out for the second time that sunny Saturday, riding the bus to a stop atop the Burnside Bridge. I sauntered down the steps and headed to the Saturday Market. This man's bicycle helmet caught my eye as I watched people while sitting on a low concrete wall, the Willamette River to my back. It was the Transformer-looking angle of the helmet, to be exact, and the fact that his face had practically disappeared from sight which made him even more Transformer-looking to me. As I took the photo, I couldn't help but think, "I hope he pays much, much less attention to his phone once he mounts that bicycle."

I also couldn't help myself when it came to altering the image at Picnik. Cropped, focal zoom, Orton-ish. Seems like I used an additional effect, but I cannot remember for sure. Gettin' old over here!

6 comments:

Birdman said...

Fast!

Lois said...

Very cool picture Lynette!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I like the your treatment of this photo.

WendyB said...

Picnik IS a lot of fun!

Jack said...

It is a pretty cool shot. I don't know how much is the original shot and how much is the processing.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Excellent use of effects. I like it. I have to try Picnik.