Saturday, July 30, 2011

Guess where I ate dinner after work on Friday? 3 Doors Down Cafe, SE 37th and Hawthorne

DSC_0039
The cocktail--a New Old Fashioned with house-made dried maraschino cherries, muddled orange, angostura bitters, sugar and bourbon (Evan Williams Black Label). I took the photo in available light.

DSC_0034
OK, so you know, my older son Lamont is sous chef at 3 Doors Down Cafe. He brought me this salad which is on the menu right now as accompaniment to pan-roasted King salmon and parsley red potatoes. It's made of julienne zucchini, arugula and lemon--very good taste and texture. I used the flash for this photo.

DSC_0041
About half way through the salad, this appetizer appeared in front of me--grilled artichoke with lemon aioli. It was finger-lickin' good, let me tell you! This photo uses available light.

DSC_0051
And here's my entree, sweet corn risotto with heirloom cherry tomato and basil salad. All I can say is, thank goodness I decided to forego the bread and bean spread, because that meant I could enjoy every bit of this dish fresh, as intended by the kitchen. Think about it, creamy parmesan-flavored risotto mixed with individual kernels of sweet corn that sort of snap as you chew. Mix that every now and then with a bite of sweet, juicy cherry tomato. My goodness! Used available light here, too.

3 comments:

Jack said...

It all looks wonderful, Lynette. Must be a great place. I prefer available light if there is enough.

Randy said...

That salad and artichoke look yummy!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

It all looks delicious. But you're missing dessert, but I suppose after all of this you were full : )