Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sunshine and blue skies, predicted for the majority of our thee-day weekend!

DSC_0026p-p
Here's how I feel about it all!

I'm about to eat some oatmeal, finish getting ready to go, catch the bus and head for the Park Blocks to see today's American Muscle Cars, then onward to the rest of Saturday! Actually, I can't believe I'm awake this early and about to be out and about again because it was well after 1 a.m. before I fell asleep. Plus my allergies hit with the force of a sledge hammer yesterday, all day and into the evening and continuing into today--all because I was an idiot and stirred up some dust which immediately flew into my lungs where it went to work, wreaking havoc!

Here's the reason I was up so late (after taking an hour and half nap when I got home from work). I went late to the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival and about 9:15-10 p.m. listened to Robert Cray and his band. Sarah and I lucked out and got a place to sit down on the grass where we could see the stage off in the distance and the giant TV screen right in front of us! Super! Then I made it to my first ever After-Hours show at the Marriott where I thoroughly enjoyed Maceo Parker and his band along with my friend Sarah and her friend Teresa. After a couple of songs from the Rebirth Brass Band, we realized we were done for the night and got a cab back here where Sarah had parked her car. We're doing it again on Sunday night so that we can see Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk and another group, Honey Island Swamp Band. I imagine we'll try to get there in time to get into the festival itself for Buddy Guy! All it takes for admission is a suggested donation of $10 and two cans of food. The festival is a huge source for the Oregon Food Bank.

3 comments:

Jack said...

You are such a party animal, Lynette!

Greenhorn said...

LOVE IT!

Jim Klenke said...

you can have our sunshine. you are really a night owl.