Friday, May 1, 2015

GOOD NEWS UPDATE - Sights I've seen for years, when I use the stairway to the laundry room and/or the building's side door

IMG_4814

In order to pay constant, close attention to the 10 steps down and the 10 steps up, I count each step in my mind as I grasp the handrail. So, for years and years, I've noticed the lower particular worn spot in the treads of one of the steps closer to the bottom. To me, it looks like a side view of the Yellow Submarine of The Beatles' fame. I called it to Lamont's attention yesterday when we did a load of laundry; he agreed! What say you?

Plus, to me the one above it looks a bit like an upside down game fish breaking water. Lamont even said that without my mentioning it!

Y'all may think I'm crazy for seeing such sights in worn treads, but I'm of a mind that the more one enjoys, interprets, notices one's surroundings, the more engaged in life one is which surely makes for a huge plus.

Thanks again for all of the prayers, love and concern. More news after the doctor appointment at 8 a.m. Portland time, Friday, May 1.

IMG_4780

Here's the entire stairwell.

UPDATE: Great news! Dr. Steiner says that the cancer I have is endometrial adenocarcinoma. It is grade one of three it is minimal invasion at a 1 mm focal invasion in the endometrium. She has recommended no additional treatment, follow up with an exam every three months for two years, then every six months until five years and then annually. She has ordered a baseline study, a CT of the chest, abdomen and pelvis. She wants to see if the lymph node area shows anything to her on the CT scan. She did look at the lymph nodes some during my hysterectomy last Friday and found nothing out of the ordinary with that look. There was no involvement with the tubes or the ovaries there was no identified vascular invasion to the lymph node area. In other words, this is exactly what we have all been praying to hear. Thank you! Thank you!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

It does have the look of a submarine.

Randy said...

That is good news. Love that first shot, so abstract.